Chief Editor: Dr Bernard Montoneri, Taipei, Taiwan
Journal DOI: https://doi.org/10.22492/ijl
Contact: email@example.com (Do not send manuscripts to this editor address. They will not be responded to. Submissions can only be made through the Submit Manuscript Page.)
The IAFOR Journal of Literature & Librarianship is an internationally reviewed and editorially independent interdisciplinary journal associated with IAFOR’s international conferences on literature and librarianship. Like all IAFOR publications, it is freely available to read online, and is completely free of publication fees for authors. The first issue was published in April 2012, and the journal continues to publish annually.
The IAFOR Journal of Literature & Librarianship is indexed in Scopus (from 2019). Please see link to Scopus for source details: https://www.scopus.com/sourceid/21100942399
Full indexing: Scopus, SCIMAGO, DOAJ, SHERPA/RoMEO, ROAD, Google Scholar, Scilit, Library Literature & Information Science Full Text (H.W. Wilson), Dimensions, LENS.ORG, MIAR, TROVE, WorldCat, EBSCO – Library & Information Science Source, Ulrich's™, ScienceGate, scite__ and Mir@bel. DOIs are assigned to each published issue and article via Crossref
Volume 12 – Issue 2: Published November 24 2023.
Submissions are closed.
Submissions will reopen on Thursday February 29, 2024
2023 Publication Timeline
Volume 13 Issue 1
Submissions open: Thursday February 29, 2024
Submissions close: Thursday May 2, 2023 (9am JST)
Target publication: August 29, 2024
*Please read the note below before considering your submission.
Please note: PRE-SCREENING OF SUBMISSIONS WILL BE STRINGENT
- Articles that do not follow our guidelines and APA style will be rejected. Short papers: 1,500 to 2500 words (from introduction to conclusion, NOT including references/footnotes; no abstract/keywords needed). Regular papers: 4,000 and 7,000 words from introduction to conclusion, NOT including references/footnotes; abstract 250 words maximum, 3-6 keywords).
- We do not send to reviewers papers with a similarity index higher than 15% (submissions should not be a collection of quotes, even if properly cited and referenced). Furthermore, With Literature papers, we won’t select papers that paraphrase and summarize without quoting primary and secondary sources.
- We will reject submissions that are not about literature or librarianship.
- Manuscripts that offer long synopses of literary texts, along with critical analyses with derivative conclusions, are discouraged from submission. These papers are very unlikely to reach the publication stage.
- The IAFOR Journal of Literature & Librarianship is an international endeavour with an international audience. This means that papers may be rejected to maintain the journal’s Internationality when there is a disproportionately high number of submissions from one country.
- Submissions must be professionally edited and proofread before submission. Please seek the help of an expert and native speaker in the field. These standards are non-negotiable and strictly enforced by the editor of the IAFOR Journal of Literature & Librarianship.
Because we receive so many submissions, we generally won’t be able to offer detailed feedback on the reasons why an article is not accepted.
For papers that are selected for review:
Submissions that receive one positive and one negative feedback will be sent to one more reviewer. If the third review is negative, the paper is rejected. Papers that receive two negative reviews are rejected.
We do not offer short peer review times, although reviewers are requested to return their review within 3 weeks. The editorial process may take more time (sometimes considerably) when there are extenuating circumstances, such as conflicts with the evaluators’ teaching duties at the beginning or end of an academic semester.
IAFOR believes in “Open Access” publishing, and since 2009, has been committed to maintaining an online searchable research archive that offers free access to anyone, anywhere, where there is Internet access, regardless of institutional affiliation or scholarly rank. IAFOR publications are accessible on the website (Open Access) to researchers all over the world, completely free of charge and without delay or embargo. Authors and contributors are not required to pay charges of any sort towards the publication of IAFOR journals.
License and Copyright Statement
Abstracts, research papers, and video footage are published under an IAFOR user license and are protected by copyright. Users may access, download, copy, translate, text and data mine, redistribute, display or adapt the articles for non-commercial purposes provided that users follow the guidelines set out in the IAFOR User License.
Journals and other forms of print and digital media will be made available by IAFOR to the general public on an online, Open Access basis. By publishing their work with IAFOR, authors enter into an exclusive License Agreement, where they have copyright but license exclusive rights in their article to IAFOR as the publisher.