IAFOR is to collaborate with the United Nations in the hosting of a special session at the Third Annual Multi-stakeholder Forum on Science, Technology and Innovation for the Sustainable Development Goals (STI Forum 2018) at the United Nations Headquarters in New York on June 6, 2018.
Dr Joseph Haldane, Chairman and CEO of IAFOR, will be co-moderating the Official Meeting, a roundtable session on Innovators and Investors, and will focus on questions at the intersection of innovation and value, including “Impact investing”; investments made into companies, organisations, and funds with the intention to generate social and environmental impact alongside a financial return.
Dr Haldane said: “For IAFOR, impact investing is a particular area of interest in regards to the funding of research in higher education, and dovetails with the work we will be doing within the IAFOR Think Tank at the Osaka School of Public Policy at Osaka University, as part of our new Innovation and Value Initiative, and also with The IAFOR Global Innovation & Value Summit 2018 (GIVS2018) to be held in Tokyo later this year. It is a great recognition of IAFOR to have been invited to collaborate, and we are honoured to have been asked to work with the United Nations at this important event, and look forward to working with the UN and other stakeholders in the support of Science, Technology and Innovation for the Sustainable Development Goals (STI-SDG).”
From the UN website:
Special event 3: Roundtable of STI innovators, funders and other supporters
Wednesday, 6 June 2018 | 1:15 PM – 2:30 PM | Conference Room 7, UNHQ | OFFICIAL MEETING
The session, in collaboration with The International Academic Forum (IAFOR), will bring together innovators and entrepreneurs, those interested in financing solutions with positive impact for sustainable development, and those who develop the policies. Representatives from the finance industry, foundations, institutional and individual investors, investment professionals, development finance institutions, and civil society will be invited to attend.
- Ms Amber Nystrom – Co-Founding Principal, 5th Element Group
- Dr Joseph Haldane – Chairman and CEO of the International Academic Forum (IAFOR) & Guest Professor, The Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University, Japan
- H.E. Dr Toshiya Hoshino – Ambassador, Deputy Permanent Representative of Japan to the United Nations
- Mr Aliyu Abbati Abdulhameed – Managing Director, Nigeria Incentive-Based Risk Sharing System for Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL)
- Ms Alfa Demmellash – Co-founder and CEO, Rising Tide Capital
- Mr William Doll – Founding Partner, Syneidesis
- Mr Ashish Gadnis – Founder & CEO, BanQu
- Ms Fan Gao – Senior Vice President and Overseas Compliance Director, CreditEase, China
- Ms Pamela Jacobs – Executive Managing Director, Impact Investing – Envestnet, Inc
- Mr Vincent Molinari – Co-Founder Liquid Markets Group; Co-Founder, Templum; Chair, Fifth Element Fund; Co-Founder, 5th Element Group
- Mr Todd Morley – Founder & Chairman, G2 Investment Group, Co-founder, Y2X
- Ms Janet C. Salazar – CEO & Co-founder, IMPACT Leadership 21
- Mr Kazuo Tase, CEO, SDGs Partners
- Mr Masaya Mori, Global Head of Rakuten Institute of Technology
- Mr Masahiko Honma, Founder and General Partner, Incubate Fund
- Selected innovators